- In this module, the participants can grasp the basic process of communication to effectively interact to other people.
- Module Goal and Objectives:
By the end of this module the participants will be able to:
a.) Recognized the value of communication in day to day living.
b.) Gain insights on how to effectively communicate to others effectively to their team members.
c.) Apply the principle of communication to their daily endeavor.
Learning Task-Group Activity
Activity Title: Family Feud
1) The participants will count of 1-7 and form a small group.
2) In every group there shall be four members and will choose among themselves who will be person A, B, C, & D.
3) Person A will face Person B while Person C will face Person D.
4) Each member/person has different roles to play in every scenario and they are expected to play their respective roles appropriately.
5) There will be four scenario and in each scenes they will act out as pacifier, preacher, blamer and avoider.
6) For the first scene, Person A will be the Avoider while Person B will be the Blamer, Person C will the Pacifier and Person D will be the Preacher.
7) For the second scene, Person A will be the Pacifier and Person B will be the Preacher, Person C will be the Avoider and Person D will be the Blamer.
8) For the third scene, Person A will be the Blamer while Person B will be the Avoider, and Person C will be the Preacher whereas Person D will be the Pacifier.
9) For the fourth scene, Person A will be the Preacher while Person B will be the Pacifier, Person C will be the Blamer whereas Person D will be the Avoider.
10) The facilitator will tell them the different scenes and act it out for two minutes and then they will stoop then change roles for the next scenes.
a) Money lost left by their mother on the cabinet.
b) Who didn’t flush the toilet?
c) Who eat the fruit salad placed in the refrigerator?
d) Who broke the expensive vase, gift by your father to your mother?
Large Group Process:
When the activity is through, the participants will form a big circle for processing and identifying their emotions, learning and related experience.
i. How do you feel right now after playing the activity?
ii. What kind of experience you are feeling?
i. What do you think you can get, out of the activity?
ii. In your opinion, what was the activity all about?
i. Based on the learning you acquired, have you experienced the same or related to it?
ii. How do you deal in communicating others?
Rational Educative Exposure
- Communication – transmitting of information from one person to another.
o Composed of sender (the one of sent the message), message (information), channel (means/mode), receiver (one who receives the message).
- Two kind of communication
o Verbal – words
o Non-verbal – body language
- Barriers of communication
o Physical – surroundings, environment, noise, signal, etc.
o Physiological – health
o Psychological – mental lapses, tone of voice, stereotyping