Yu Splendid Catering is a catering company that serves delight with its customer. It offers creative, colorful, and unusual as well as the traditional standbys. The service offerings are quite a change relative to the existing catering market which is quite stagnant. This assumption prevails throughout the Cebu community so there is not much demand for new offerings.
Yu Splendid Catering, located in Cebu City will offer catering to the Cebu City community. It will serve parties of 25-300 people with high-end foods that are currently only available in Cebu City. Yu Splendid Catering will offer a large menu repertoire, from traditional favorites to creative inventions. All of the food and drink items served will be done under strict supervision of the authorities of Cebu City.
Yu Splendid Catering will inject new life into the catering market. It was born to fill a void in the industry. Being healthy will never go out of style, and just because a party is thrown or a dinner is served does not mean we need to sacrifice our health or our enjoyment in the food. People can both eat nutritiously and enjoy what they are eating. Yu Splendid Catering focuses on foods that are both good and and good for you, providing and enjoyable, guilt-free experience for our clients and our guests.
Our food and beverages are prepared from the finest ingredients. We create innovative dishes that are full of flavor and nutrition. We provide alternative and dishes that are typically indulgent, but based on client needs we can create dishes using any method requested. It is our goal to provide each and every customer with an experience tailored to their wants and needs. We are able to do so by preparing every dish from scratch and providing ample planning time with our client to understand their needs. We create dishes specific to events and go beyond a standard menu of items/services to choose from. This can mean many things to our clients. Each event we cater will have all details executed by our team. The client will always enjoy their event as they can be assured all details with followed through by fresh. Services from entertainment, bartending, and cleanup will be executed by the fresh team. What is agreed upon between client and company will be always delivered upon.
Yu Splendid Catering will serve a wide variety of dishes. This is offered for two reasons. The larger repertoire of menu items is a benefit to the customers. Some of the menu offerings will be traditional meals such as beef brisket with potatoes and vegetables and a roasted chicken with rice and spinach. More inventive meals will also be offered to appeal to the higher end, more discriminating customers such as chicken pesto dishes or a red pepper coulis sauce, or maybe salmon with curry coulis and plum chutney.
Yu Splendid Catering will gradually gain market share in the catering market by leveraging its competitive edges. These edges are superior attention to detail and innovative cuisine meals. The edges that Yu Splendid Catering will leverage are areas that have been ignored in this market for some time now. These competitive edges coupled with targeted advertising campaign and networking will be Yu Splendid’s game plan for increasing their market share.
Yu Splendid Catering is not that expensive. The ingredients cost are less, as well as the additional equipments that are needed to eliminate the mixing of dairy and meat products.
Founder Joseph E. Yu had a passion for food. Joseph began to prepare nightly meals for his family, creating his own dishes, exploring different ingredients, and perfecting dishes that have been passed down his family for generations. With simple beginnings, his passion for cooking, baking, and creating ignited. His interests were reinforced. This experience in carrying events from beginning to end reinforced him serious interest to pursue a career in the catering industry.
Based on trends in the food industry, health industry, and local environment fresh will market and cater to a specific niche of clientele. Two primary groups serve as the target audience. Our first target audience focuses on individuals in the 30-50 age groups. Trends show that especially as women age, they are concerned with their health just as much they are with their weight and outward appearance. Yu Splendid Catering provides seasonal, fresh, healthy ingredients incorporated into any recipe or menu to ensure that the meal will be guilt-free and delicious. Thus providing an experience that the client and their guests will want to repeat. While health trends are on the rise, healthy eating and alternatives will always be in demand. The second half of the target audience is the local and corporate businesses. Partnerships provide a steady and reliable source of income. Targeting local departments, event planning companies that do not supply catering, and other business that regularly need of catering or entertaining. The companies targeted should share that value of healthy lifestyle. These can be found in the surveys like “healthiest places to work” and the fitness industry. Services can also be provided to the company wellness plan.
The Cebu City catering market is an interesting one. There are several caters that offer services that are quite similar to each other in terms of price and menu options. For whatever reasons, there has been little demand by consumers to get caters to innovate their menu. This is not to say that consumers would not welcome new menu items, it is just that people have incorrectly made the assumption that catering meals have to be boring. Yu Splendid Catering will occupy a niche in the catering market that offers new, creative menu items, broadening people’s conception of foods in the catering.
Prior to the business in full time, there are certain goals that must be met. In the food and catering industry, as with many other industries, the best form of advertising is word of mouth. In order to build a client/customer base that will sufficiently grow the business, a catering company will launch as a part time business for the first two years. Within this period, these are the goals and initiatives that will be executed to increase sales:
A blog will be maintained with weekly updates and entries focusing on different everyday recipes, alternative uses for ingredients, nutritional information of ingredients, event styles and themes, and party planning tips. All posts will be the products and services offered by our company. Not all recipes will be released but techniques and tips will. This builds a following of loyal customers that understand our values. All parties may not be able to afford our services for every event they hold but we will become a household name and “go-to” service when they want an event catered.
- Holiday Specials.
On our blog, mailing list, and through print advertisements, we will sell holiday desserts. Custom cakes, cupcakes, pies, or other traditional deserts can be ordered as well as our signature holiday desert, we will create each year per holiday. Signature deserts will be placed in local specialty stores for sale.
- Events and Private Dinners.
Throughout the years part time, we will provide full services based on requests and availability. Other initiatives for advertising and promotion after launching the business full time areas follow.
- Social Media Campaign.
We will directly link our blog to our Facebook account, Twitter account and website. However, we will not launch our website until the business transitions from part time to full time. During this time, we will also launch a campaign to gain more followers and clientele offering discounts on our services for the first month.
- Print Campaign.
Because print advertisements can be highly priced, we have a strategic placement for our ads. Always advertising before major holidays and in local magazines that focus on food and wine. We will only advertise in materials distributed to our target audience of clients.
At local farmers markets, we will be present the first weekend in the month to sell our baked goods and sample new dishes created with the ingredients in season at the time. This will provide us a chance to sell our products, network regarding our services, and have potential clients sample our dishes. Presence at other local festivals and events showcasing wine and food will be expected in our company.
Yu Splendid Catering utilizes a custom pricing structure. Each event a client prepares for will be tailored based on the style of the event and needs of the client. Due to heavy use of seasonal ingredients and commitment to our customer individualization, this method will serve best. Fixed per plate and per platter prices will be quote-based and determined per individual event.
Yu Splendid Catering’s competitive edge is its attention to servicing customers and inventive approach to cuisine. Its customer attention differentiates them in the world of catering which is dominated by several companies that have plenty of demand. The consequence of market demand is a decreased pressure to accommodate customers. Yu Splendid Catering is approaching the market as if there was significant competition between the different service providers. By making customer satisfaction a priority, over time, customers will come to appreciate the attention that their needs are given and form a long lasting relationship with Yu Splendid Catering.
COMPANY MISSION STATEMENT:
It shall be the mission of Yu Splendid Catering to use the finest ingredients to prepare tasty, made-from-scratch products for our clients. Innovative recipes and event planning styles will complement the healthy, flavorful products tailored specifically to our clients’ needs. Yu Splendid Catering will provide every client a custom experience with quality ingredients and quality service.
Yu Splendid Catering aims to provide the customer with the finest catering. We exist to attract and maintain customers. We adhere to this maxim. Our services will exceed the expectations of our customer.
- Brand recognition along with strong reputation.
- Our people build and maintained relationships.
- Scale ability and ease of execution.
- Initial catering strategy.
- Catering leadership in place of all catering markets.
- Investment in training personnel.
- Lack of visibility and market penetration.
- Internal resources and attention at unit level.
- Lack of signature option and increase in variety.
- Formal program structure of policies and procedures.
- Increase market penetration.
- Pricing in addition to packages and pricing option.
- Develop a plan to sell our service.
- Develop our catering trainers into catering sales manager.
- Order balance.
- Competition excels in marketing and awareness.
- Technology visibility, ease of use, edit function and reporting.
- Other concepts engaged in training program for sales and people.
- Commodity pricing-fuel costs, vans.
Year One Goals and Initiatives.
- Acquire Food Handling License and Certifications.
- Focus in Building and Maintaining Client Base.
- Seek out clients and events through word of mouth on a part time basis.
- During the first two years of beginning the business part time focus heavily on building relationships with returning large scales clients. Take on new clients as available. If at time within the first two years the demand exceeds the supply, begin the transition to full time.
- Identify Agency to Supply Servers and Bartenders.
- Contact local model and talent agencies to find right employees to uphold the company image. Network through professional and fraternity/sorority network to find young, healthy, fresh personalities.
- Conduct SWOT Analysis.
- Essential to evaluating the needs, directions and focus areas for the business first evaluate Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats.
- Business Structure.
- Part-time serving and bartending staff. Hired as needed, hourly rate and compensation.
Year Three Goals and Initiatives.
- Transition to Full Time Business.
- Evaluate the specific time to launch the company full time and create a timeline. The timeline must be known well in advance to promote efficiently.
- Upgrade food certifications and licenses.
- Occupy Kitchen and Office Space.
- Hire full time Sous-Chef.
- The first full time staff member shall require technical training, a culinary degree, and embrace the values of fresh.
- Establish Prominent Partnerships.
- Meet with corporate client base established within the first two years to present the new services now offered with the transition. This will ensure long term, large scale commitments and open doors to expand our client base and increase market structure. Focus on fitness industry.
- Business Structure
- Owner/Head Chef
- Part-time serving and bartending staff. Hire as needed, hourly rate compensation. A database of past employees will be established to ensure we continue to higher staff repeatedly and build consistency with clients.
- To create a service-based company whose primary goal is to exceed customers’ expectations.
- To increase the number of client’s served by 20% per year through superior service.
- To develop enough cash flow to pay all salaries as well as grow the business.
- Year Five Goals and Initiatives.
- Hire Head Chef/ Transition to Owner/ Creative Director.
- The Head Chef would be responsible for executive menus and food service with the staff. Head Chef would coordinate with the Owner for menu planning, creating new dishes, and overall food production and service.
- The Owner/ Creative Director is responsible for managing accounts, meeting with clients to prepare for events, and event services, as well as preparing products and services for events with the staff.
- This transition allow the business expand services beyond food and beverage alone. Fresh will become available for planning events from aesthetics to food and entertainment.
- Introduction Cooking Classes.
- Within the facility, sell seats to small cooking courses.
- No added overhead costs, clients will bring new potential clientele, added use of the space when the kitchen would usually be empty.
- Conduct SWOT Analysis.
- Conduct a formal SWOT with staff to ensure the company is capitalizing on.
- Strengths and taking advantages of opportunities.
- Revisit Goals for Next 5 Years.
- Evaluate the next steps and new initiatives to move the company forward. Determine the changes, old practices to remove and new initiatives to plan for the ensured future.
- Business Structure.
- Owner/ Creative Director
- Head Chef
- Sous- Chef
- Serving and Bartending Staff
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
Department : Sales Department
Nature of KPI : Increase Market Revenue
Definition : Sales department is responsible for the sales and rendering of
services to customers.
Performance targets : To receive a 50% profit margin within the first year.
Measurement Process : Services rendered to the customers.
Department : Promotion Department
Nature of KPI : Promote the catering service
Definition : Decides on the type of promotional tools for the catering company,
arrange advertisements and advertising media used.
Performance targets : To influence customers to make a reservation or booking to cater the events.
Measurement Process : Reservation of the customers.
Department : Production Department
Nature of KPI : Producing the menus requested by the clients.
Definition : Making sure to produce all the needed menus.
Performance targets : To cook delicious foods and to avoid spoilage.
Measurement Process : When the food meets the customer’s preferences of the taste of foods.